Patient safety is a global public health challenge and, irrespective of the country, there is a need to improve the monitoring, safety and accessibility of medical care. There is an urgent need to establish a framework for the effective quality assurance of medical specialists and to globally ensure proficiency within each medical specialty.
Ortrac is a web-based framework for training, accreditation and revalidation, supporting the harmonisation of medical skills. It is based on implemented specialist curriculum1 or guidelines.
Ortrac logs progress in the areas of knowledge, skills and professionalism, through the use of Multiple Choice Questions and Multi Source Feedback. Ortrac helps trainees, trainers, specialists, program directors along with accreditation bodies and hospitals in their daily medical practice and is developed based on a collaboration with the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS).
The exact structure and content may vary between different
medical specialties and is being developed in collaboration with the UEMS Section for each Medical Specialty. On a national level, Orzone collaborates with National Societies and National Authorities to modify the platform according to national requirements and guidelines.
- Formal examinations internationally accredited
- Summative (examination) & formative (diagnostic) tests with different assessment levels.
- Logbook for CME credits, clinical-, scientifically- & training- activities
- Advanced Work rotation features
- Assignment (with smart sign off (MCQ´s attachments)
- Course functionality
- MCQ engine (with multiple question types)
- Automatic logbook – fill in functions
- Examination planning (time zone support)
- Features to develop knowledge, technical skills & professionalism
- Complete five year curriculum planner for residents (scheduling)
- Topics for specialist doctors
- Structured feedback and progress tracking
Visit www.demo.ortrac.com for more information